Rules of the Order: On Comments

The motto of The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor is right over there on the sidebar:

Purely frivolous and perfectly harmless snark and admiration for all things stylish and royal.

I love that so many of you come here and really get this spirit: we can have fun, we can have a bit of snark, but it's all with love/admiration/whatever for these royals that we follow.

We've had a couple posts that have gotten away from that spirit in the comments lately. And since things are about to get real busy around here, I thought I'd take a minute to lay out some guidelines, all official-like. Accordingly, these are the rules of commenting in the Order:
  1. Nobody looks good all the time, and nobody looks bad all the time. Equal opportunity praise and snark shall be offered up here.
  2. Not liking an outfit shouldn't have anything to do with one's personal feelings of like or dislike towards a royal. We all have a tendency to form personal opinions about these people, and sometimes they get quite strong. There are many places on the internet to attack royals you don't care for. This is not one of them.
  3. All opinions are welcome. You don't have to agree with me or with other commenters. Attacks, however, are not welcome.
  4. Comments that are not in this spirit, as determined by me, will be deleted without notice. I'll say it again: there are many places on the internet to pick a fight. This isn't one of them.
I love reading what you all have to say, even when you disagree with me. You're thoughtful and hilarious, and every single comment you leave makes my day. The thought of deleting any of your remarks detests me, so let's just not take it there, okay? When it doubt, stay frivolous, I always say.

{And now we return to our regularly scheduled ridiculous programming. Merci!}

Rules of the Order: On Comments Rating: 4.5 Post By: Didik