Flashback Friday: Madeleine's Recent Gowns

Just as I was starting to ponder what we might see Princess Madeleine wear for her wedding day (less than a month away!) and was starting to confuse myself with all the options - she's not overly attached to any specific designer, she has ample reasoning to wear an American or other international designer, and she's even been spotted in Paris recently - the rumors started to emerge. First, Expressen reports the commission has gone to Linda Nurk.

Linda Nurk is a Swedish designer who created two of Madeleine's memorable Nobel Prize gowns and is speculated to have made the frothy blue creation Madeleine wore to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. I don't find the report hard to believe; certainly, a Swedish designer would be a smart move, and someone she's had experience with is an easy guess.
On the other hand, there's a rumor that Valentino has the job. The red gown above is Valentino in action on Madeleine, but still I find myself more convinced by the first rumor. I think a review of some of the evening gowns Madeleine's worn in the past few years is in order, just in case there's a hint (in designer, or in design) to be found.

Her Angel Sanchez gown actually comes from a bridal collection, so there's that. And though lace is eternally popular for bridal affairs, based on that Dolce & Gabbana number, I'm not a huge fan of the head-to-toe lace look for her.

From this row, I'd most like to see the fishtail silhouette on Madeleine, as seen in the black dress above, done in bridal.

I think the lilac Marchesa is my favorite from all the selections here - swishy and a little sparkly. (And lilac, obviously, but for the other reasons too, I swear!) Actually, my top guess for a non-Swedish designer for her wedding gown would have been Marchesa. She's clearly a fan.

After reviewing all these gowns, I think I have only one real wedding dress request: nothing anywhere near that bedazzled black Halloween castoff in the center there. That's all. Pleeeease.

What do you think we'll see on Madeleine on her wedding day?

Photos: IBL/Stella Pictures/Net-a-Porter/Reuters/Angel Sanchez/Getty Images/Abaca/Marchesa/Nordstrom/Jenny Packham

Flashback Friday: Madeleine's Recent Gowns Rating: 4.5 Post By: Didik