Gold Star: Another Royal Wedding Ahead!

Princess Madeleine of Sweden (the youngest child of King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia) has announced her engagement to her boyfriend, Christopher O'Neill. And I have to say, this announcement has Gold Star written all over it.

First, I give it a gold star for timing. Just when the low starts to set in after the Luxembourg wedding, just when we begin to realize there's not another huge European royal gathering anywhere in the near future - BAM! Mads and Chris save the day! What kind and generous people they must be. Gold star!
Next, I have to give them a gold star for the announcement. That's cuteness. Watch to the end. Gold star!

A gold star is certainly in order for the ring. That's just classy. Gold star!
Madeleine also gets a gold star for the bounce back factor, because this is not her first time at the engagement rodeo. She announced her engagement to beau Jonas Bergström, a Swedish lawyer, in 2009. But allegations of cheating on Jonas’ part became a public scandal, and the engagement was called off in 2010. Madeleine fled to New York City, where she made a home and met Chris, who works in finance. Gold star for (what we hope will be) a happy ending!

And now they’re set to marry in the summer of 2013, and I’m set to freak out over what should be another tiara extravaganza. I don't expect it to be quite as grand as her sister Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, but I think we're in for a good sparkly show. All. The. Gold. Stars!

I think it's a little too early to speculate on a dress designer, but it's never too early for tiara speculation. The Swedish royals have a wedding tiara tradition happening with the Cameo Tiara, and that's what I'm putting my money on. That and the family wedding veil. I know some of you have a bit of a problem with the Cameo Tiara, but I think Madeleine and her superb tiara hair can make it work. What are you guessing so far?

Photo: Kungahuset

Gold Star: Another Royal Wedding Ahead! Rating: 4.5 Post By: Didik